for crime scene as well as forensic lab use.
BLUESTAR® FORENSIC Latent bloodstains reagent
This new chemical formula based on luminol surpasses the others in performance and overcomes their drawbacks for an easy and reliable use.More details
BLUESTAR® IDENTI-HEM Rapid test for the detection of human haemoglobin
BLUESTAR® Identi-HEM is a rapid, qualitative immunochromatographic test, in a device, for specific detection of human haemoglobin.More details
BLUESTAR® OBTI (formerly: Hexagon OBTI)
BLUESTAR® OBTI is the perfect complement to BLUESTAR® FORENSIC. This rapid screening test presumes that a bloodstain is of human origin. This helps the investigator to choose to collect or not a sampl...More details
BLUESTAR® IDENTI-PSA Immunochromatographic testfor prostate specific antigen detection
BLUESTAR® Identi-PSA is a rapid qualitative test in a device for PSA detection from traditional biological samples (serum, plasma, or blood), but also from sperm samples collected with a swab either o...More details
- The extreme sensitivity of BLUESTAR® FORENSIC allows the naked eye to detect bloodstains down to 1:10,000 dilutions, like minute traces or droplets that have been washed off, with or without detergent.
- BLUESTAR® FORENSIC has a stronger and longer-lasting luminescence that does not require total darkness to be visible. Good quality pictures can be obtained with an ordinary camera and film.
- With a little practice, BLUESTAR® FORENSIC makes it impossible to get confused between blood and false positives since the luminescence differs in color, intensity and duration.
- BLUESTAR® FORENSIC does not alter DNA and allows for both subsequent DNA typing and ABO typing.
- BLUESTAR® FORENSIC works as well on fresh blood as on very old or altered bloodstains, pure or diluted.
Easier to use
- BLUESTAR® FORENSIC is easier and safer to prepare thanks to the pre-formulated tablets which avoid weighing-out ingredients. Neither powders nor liquids to be mixed, only fast-dissolving tablets. Does not contain any sodium tetrahydrate perborate. Easily recycled. No residues left after drying. Check our MSDS in the download section.
- BLUESTAR® FORENSIC can be sprayed over and over again on the same bloodstains for the same resulting luminescence each time.
- Before use, BLUESTAR® FORENSIC has a very long shelf-life and does not necessitate any special storage condition.
- Once mixed, BLUESTAR® FORENSIC is stable and will work for hours, or even several days.